[Dailydrool] Update on Dulcie

Elizabeth Kielley ekielley at messiah.edu
Fri Nov 7 09:05:50 PST 2008

We had our surgery consult today.  They did blood work, x-rays and an EKG.
She was so calm during the whole thing.  The vet and the vet techs just love
her since she is never any trouble - no barking, no fussing, just plain
sweet!  Dulcie's heart is enlarged (we knew she had a murmur) but it
shouldn't prevent surgery.  Her x-rays looked good and it didn't seem like
the cancer had spread.  They did find 2 BBs in her that we didn't know about
but she was probably from a BYB in WV and who knows what happened to her
before she came to rescue at age 7.  We get the results back on her blood
work tomorrow.  She has all this extra skin (from having multiple litters)
that when they do the surgery, they'll have plenty of skin to sew up.  I
told the vet it's Dulcie's tummy tuck :-)  Her surgery is scheduled for Nov.
19th.  I'm feeling more hopeful and I appreciate all the drool coming our
way!
Liz Kielley
mom to Ma Barker, Dulcie and Filbert