[Dailydrool] Part Rat Terror

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 16:25:33 PST 2008

Or is that Rat Terrier?

Had Dewey at the park today. Cold, rainy, icky day. But Dewey did not mind. He was working the shore around the pond, where the muskrats hang out. He was investigating every nook and cranny. He just knew they were in there. He flushed one out. Yes! Successful hunt. Moved on to another rat habitat. Stuck his nose into every cranny and nook, this time. And! Struck gold! But I did not know that, at first. I dragged him off because it was cold and rainy, and I had had enough of this crappy weather. Then I noticed that Dewey had a full mouth. Hmmm. He did come away from that rat-tat awfully easily. He dumped the contents of his mouth. They were probably squirming in there. Rat pups. No more than a day or two old. At least two of them. Sigh. Another all-natural snack for the pooch. Sorry, momma rat.

Linda and Dewey, da Rat Terror