[Dailydrool] sebaceous cysts

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 05:42:57 PST 2008

These cysts may refill over and over. I used to know a lot more about them
but I have kind of pared it down to the essential. They are harmless and
sometimes burst a cheesy substance which really grosses people out. Then
they heal and frequently fill up again which is why Vets suggest surgical
removal.
Mitchell has one on his neck. During a skirmish with Cooper it must have
been hit with a tooth and it opened up. In the process of figuring out where
the blood was coming from I discovered it was open, squooze all the garbage
out and then had the Vet finish cleaning it and put him on anti=biotics. It
took awhile, but it's back. I have no plans to remove it. The last time we
anesthetized Mitchell for a routine dental his heart stopped so I am
justifiably wary of putting him under for anything other than a major
emergency.(BTW, I was doing the dental at work.)

MomPerson to Mitchell (whose heart 3 Vets got going again thank God) Nigel,
Llewis and Cooper