[Dailydrool] sebaceous cysts

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 06:10:12 PST 2008

Our hound, Michael, ATB 2004, had these sebaceous  cysts all over his body.  We never could get rid of them totally.  He had them from the day we got him from the shelter.  SOme would burst and we could get them cleaned up,  some were taken out when he was under anesthesia for dentals, or some other needed procedure.   We never put him under just to remove these cysts.  My understanding of them is there is a root that needs to come out to prevent them from recurring.  I am guessing the root is a hair folicle, but don't remember.
Michael was very sensitive with his owies,  and would not always let us tend to them easily.  One thing we did that helped with his skin was to feed him the raw diet.  I would say his cyst problems got better by 50% by doing this.  However,  he still had 15-25 cysts on him at any given time still doing all we could figure out to do.  He was very extreme with these things and I pray there are no hounds out there with as many as he had in his life.

drool to all those precious babies in need.
wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org