[Dailydrool] invisible fence 'boundary aggression' ?

Shirley Grange squirrel at maine.rr.com
Sun Nov 16 14:07:25 PST 2008

We have an invisible fence which has been great for our dogs for over
10 years.
Now we have Roscoe, age 4, who barks frantically and runs back and
forth along the fence when
walkers, runners, dogs, etc. go by our front boundary.  This has
always been his little game and
his excitement for the day, but recently he has started dashing
through the fence.  Then he
comes back!  We have tightened his collar, widened the 'field' and
changed the setting on his
collar to not beep, but just zap.  I honestly don't know if he's
getting the zap, but maybe he is
and he just doesn't care.  He scares some of the people when he does
this and also kind of
wants to start a dust-up with the dogs.  This is not acceptable, but
we don't know what to do
about it.  I know a lot of people are not keen on invisible fences,
but  they have worked so well
for us for so long and for 4 bassets.
Thanks so much for any ideas anyone might have!     -S.Grange, Maine