[Dailydrool] Thank you! From the formerly panicked momslave

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:48:08 PST 2008

Thank you SOOOOO much to everyone who e-mailed me about copper's cyst.  I
literally had half a dozen responses before the DD e-mail even went out.
Everyone had the most wonderful advice and similar experiences and the
consensus across the board was "bassets just do that".

Thanks to everyone I was able to sleep that night, which I didn't think I
was going to be able to do despite the fact that Copper seemed to be having
no trouble at all snoozing away.  I wanted to reply to everyone personally
but my broadband card crashed Sun morning and I'm without Internet at home.
Ugh

So, I'm doing what everyone suggested, warm compress, cleaning out,
neosporin, watching for infection, and smells akin to fishwives (thank you
Bob the DoG).  I'd let him lick it some if it wasn't right on the middle of
his back where he can't reach, but I noticed the neosporin was conspicuously
missing off it this morning, so I suspect his little sister may be helping
with that.

It seems much better, no more bleeding or oozing.  He has to go to the vet
next week for his ears so unless it starts looking infected, I'm just going
to let the vet see it then.

Thanks again to everyone for easing the mind of a poor panicked momslave!

Brenda- Momslave to Copper(I don't know what all the fuss is about) and
Elphaba (Let me help you with that gooey stuff Copper.)