[Dailydrool] nails & weight

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:04:00 PST 2008

I don't know about the weight chart but I bet if you googled one of the big
feed companies, like Purina or Hills, they could send you one. Maybe even
some of the other companies. Did your Vet think he was overweight? Shepherds
can be really big.Eighty pounds is the norm, and we have Labs in all the
time that are HUGE.

Some dogs just DO NOT accept nail trims. I am not sure why this is. Better
that he be muzzled than not, unless you can find someone who can do it
safely without. We had a Basset who needed two muzzles and three people, and
he was very very very serious about nailing you if he could when he had his
nails done. He was awful, just plain awful and he never got better. I worked
there and so I helped hold him and because he was a Basset and would wag his
tail, every new Vet thought he could be done without a muzzle, and he was a
terribly dangerous dog when his nails were done. It was hard to convince
people that he was vicious in the extreme, but he was. He wasn't playing.

So don't be too shocked. It just is the way some dogs are. Some even need to
be sedated. Don't think your Vet hasn't seen it a thousand times.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper