[Dailydrool] What to do?

Jennifer C. eddie_and_lucy at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 14:31:54 PST 2008

Ok, droolers, I need advice.  Our grandma takes care of our Eddie while we are at work, and she comes to our house once a day to check on our Lucy.  It is an arrangement that works out great for us all.  Well, yesterday evening, someone dumped an older basset in her back yard.  I estimate this girl to be about 7 or so.  Poor thing's nails are way too long.  I am taking her to the vet tomorrow to get them cut, and to have her checked out.  She is also thin, and she was covered in fleas.  I gave her a bath, some food, and frontlined her.  We have 2 hounds already, and we are expecting our first 2 legger in June.  We can't afford another hound right now.  The closest Basset Rescue is 5 hours away, and I am not sure they have room.  We do have a pet gaurdian angel rescue here in town, but i believe they are full and out of foster homes.  My DH has already started calling her Ginger.  *sigh* She is a pretty redish and white girl, and if we didn't already have 2 hounds, and a 2 legger on the way, I'd LOVE to keep her.  I just don't think our pocket book can take it right now.  I have put a FOUND ad in the paper, and hope maybe she is just lost.  I fear she is starting to wrap my DH around her chubby paw. (her paws are the only thing chubby about her).  Right now I have her under quarentine in the laundry room.  She has a dog pillow, towels, and water.  She is behind the baby gate.  Eddie and Lucy seem to be ok with her so far.  Anyway, sorry so long, but I just had to let it all out!  Drool to all in need!!!!!

Jennifer C. w/ Eddie...who is that pretty girl in the laundry room? and Lucy...She seems nice, is she gonna stay, and if she does, do i have to share my treats?