[Dailydrool] Questions for reputable breeders

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Sun Nov 23 19:27:16 PST 2008

Hi Katherine,

We had a Basset from a reputable show breeder and he died at 6 from Cancer.  We also have a basset my husband picked up from a farmer when the wee thing was but 7 weeks old.  She is 8 1/2 and according to the vet, very healthy.  She stills rules the house.
Reputable breeders should have an idea on how long their line lives but nothing is certain.  Just like with people.

You can help your basset live a long healthy life by feeding good food, keeping vaccines to a minimum, and keep chemical cleaners, herbicides and pesticides to a minimum (if you have to use them at all).

Prices in our area from show breeders are between 900 and 1500 dollars.

Cathy