[Dailydrool] Order of the Evil Basset Empire

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Wed Nov 26 13:28:19 PST 2008

Hey there, Roland,

Hank-the-probably-not-a-foster-anymore and I have been listening to our mom
muttering about OEBE, and we think that we are probably candidates. Here are
some highlights of our qualifications:

I, Aretha:

-          Regularly destroy incoming mail. I don't distinguish between junk
mail and "good" mail. ;)

-          Shredded my mom's very favorite scarf, that she used to wear at
least 3 times a week, and that she has been unable to find a replacement
for. She has been carrying what's left of it (a piece about 6 inches by 3
inches) around in her purse for over a year, desperately looking for the
same color combinations.

-          Take over the cushy leather chair. If Mom wants to watch TV, she
must have me in her lap. All 58 pounds of me. And I get to choose how to be
comfortable.

-          Found and exploited a little-bitty opening in the bottom of the
fence line. Showed it to everyone else with four legs. Took everyone on a
stroll down Littlerock Rd. Did *not* come when called by Mom until she
offered a cookie. Mom has had to have a retaining wall built around the
bottom of the fence line. At $1,000 so far, and some more work left to do.

He, Hank:

-          Shreds shoes. He is VERY FAST if a shoe is left anywhere within
distance.

-          Ate Mom's new purse within 24 hours of her buying it. No way to
fix it, damage was too extensive. It was very tasty leather! ;)

-          Countercruises *everything*, and is *very long*!

-          Shredded two 20 dollar bills. One could be reconstructed. The
other, not at all.

-          Stole the puppies' toys out of the puppy area whenever Mom was
cleaning it out and changing bedding, and regularly hid the toys out in the
backyard.

-          Ate mom's iPod earphones.

What do you think?

Aretha McGee and Hank Probably-A-McGee