[Dailydrool] Sad day at the Vet, hug your hound

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed Nov 26 13:28:19 PST 2008

I had Lucy Basset to the Vet today for an ear/eye (infection) recheck.

When we first got there a man was sitting alone with his head in his hands, eyes all red.  He had a 1 year old pup that wasn't going to be able to be saved. (don't know if accident or illness).

When we went to check out an older woman came in with a very old lab mix.  The old dog had struggled on her own from the parking lot and then collapsed on the floor.  Seems she threw up food last night and was throwing up blood this morning.  As she lay on the vet's floor she was bleeding rectally.   The vet and tech's  brought a stretcher out to take her back to hopefully stablize her and find out if she had a fixable problem.

Such a sad day and made me want to hug all my relatively healthy hounds.

Drool and prayers to hounds in need and their caring/grieving owners.

Cathy