[Dailydrool] 14 years old basset being give up in Calgary - it breaks my heart

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 28 17:30:36 PST 2008

Dear Droolers

Today I received a call from a man looking for our basset network, he is giving up his basset girl, Lucy, who is 14. What drives me mad is that he has had her since puppy, how can he do it!?  He gave all the excuses, wife, child with special needs, bla bla bla. My heart breaks for her, and it makes me mad at him, but I was able to control myself for the benefit of Lucy.
Now I'm looking for a home for her, a good loving home where the pain of being abandoned is minimized for great love and care.
So if you live around Calgary in Alberta, Canada, she can be your Christmas miracle or maybe you can be hers. Poor girl. Lucy is tri-color, healthy, well behaved but stubborn, so, a typical basset.
I pray she can find a good home, she deserves one.
Love and drool to those who need
Virginia, proud momma of Violeta and Xaxa da Basset

"I'm truly convinced, by faith and experience that living on this earth is not a trial but a pastime. If we live simply and wisely. Simplify, simplify."
- Thoreau