[Dailydrool] Adopt a senior pet month

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 04:02:13 PST 2008

I have never heard that Nov is adopt a senior pet month.  You can be sure next year I will be talking that up!
But, in reality,  seniors are great adoptees!    They are so grateful and are real easy to get settled into your home.  Some people are nervous about adopting a senior as they feel like their heart will be broken sooner rather than later, with them passing away.  Well,  yeah, that happens.  But there are no guarantees that a young hound will live to a ripe old age.  I pray that all young hounds make it to be a senior!  Odds are better, sure,  but your heart can be broken with them too.  AND,  if you weigh out the pros and cons,  the love you get from them is far more than the sad when they leave you.
Okay, off my soap box!

drool to all in need from the Bounders and wen