[Dailydrool] Trees and trouble

julie jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 19:19:07 PST 2008

Thanksgiving must really be over.  We put up the tree today.  Early for us as we usually procrastinate a lot.  And we have two boys with birthdays in early December, too.  The tree hadn't been up two hours until it was basset tested.   We have it in a corner and before anyone could react  Marley decided to get under it and sit in the corner.  We moved her donut(bed) from the corner so I guess she was missing her warm spot.  She didn't knock it over but she is the smallest girl.  If Maggie tries it she's liable to catch on the branches.  So Far Marley has been to the corner twice.  The tree is still standing.  No ornaments are on it except for our early basset warning system.

Ever since bassets have lived with us we have had tree trouble.  Not bad, just normal stuff.  Usually they try to eat any and all presents under the tree.  We don't do presents under the tree until Christmas morning.  We do fix the tree so we will hear any messing with it.  The entire bottom row of branches houses a large collection of bell ornaments.  At least when the girls hit the bottom of the tree we will know where they are.  We've never had three bassets to keep out of the Christmas stuff.  We'll see how it goes.  Also another note here.  Never ask a 16 year old to put the beads/tinsel on the tree if you want it to look polished and neat.  It looks like a Nic tree.  And that's ok.  The ornaments are next.  Nic is great with the tree since he is so tall.  We'll put the glass ones up high.  Nic can put them where he wants.

Wishing everyone a great start to the Christmas Season.
Ninja, Marley, and Maggie with the mom