[Dailydrool] Trees and trouble

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Sun Nov 30 05:21:05 PST 2008

We learned a very very long time ago.. no tree over 6 foot tall, because it
will sit ontop of our coffee table and get the added height from it.  We
have one square and one round coffee table that match.  They were gotten by
my parents before I was born (1960's) and have served us well all these
years.

I think my parents had one or two years with bassets that they didn't have
the tree on top of the tables.. and those were the years from which all the
"better not do that" stories come from.. be it ornament killing, tinsel
stealing, tree knocking or even just ripped the whole tree down.. think that
was the one where Beowulf got his leash hooked on the base's screws and the
tree came down as he ran away from the commotion.. I believe that's when the
annual "lifting o the tree" began..

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Trees and trouble

Thanksgiving must really be over.  We put up the tree today.  Early for us
as we usually procrastinate a lot.  And we have two boys with birthdays in
early December, too.  The tree hadn't been up two hours until it was basset
tested.