[Dailydrool] ear infections

Chris Dowd cdowd_postalpros at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 10:23:09 PST 2008

Posts like this always bring me nightmares over the battle with fought with ear infections for Dart.  They were beyond terrible.

At one point vetman suggested an operation to straighten the ear canal rather than remove it.  The theory is that without that bend in the ear the infection is much easier to treat.  Luckily we finally got it under control without surgery - but I think we would've tried the less radical approach rather than the abalation.

Something to consider if it reaches that point.  You might also give the Blue Powder treatment a try.  That, I believe, is what got Dart's problem under control.

Chris