[Dailydrool] tonsils

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:18:19 PDT 2008

Mitchell had his tonsils out at about one. It was so bizarre-- he jumped up
for a ball, opening his mouth wide, and I happened to see that one tonsil
was out of the crypt. I immediately took him in, and Doc was amazed. He put
him on antibiotics but meantime I did some reading and what I read I didn't
like, learning that chronically infected tonsils have been connected with
certain types of cancer in dogs. OH NO! Not even going to consider that!!!
Out they came!
The really interesting part was that none of the Vets at our Vetspital had
ever done a tonsillectomy. I was going to take him up north, but one of my
favorite Vets read up on it,and did some research and said Ok, let's do it!
And she did, and it was a breeze, and I have not had one  other dog as
healthy as Mitchell has been.
A number of show people have tonsils removed as a routine matter.
I highly recommend it if your dog has enlarged tonsils. Why mess around? The
surgery is minimal. Dog back to normal by the next day.

Drool to all those in need.
MomPerson to Nigel,Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper