[Dailydrool] Pred

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 11:43:53 PDT 2008

My Bassets are HIDEOUSLY sensitive to pred. A normal dose is enough to make
me stock up on paper towels and cleaner. Mitchell is especially affected,
and by the time he knows he has to go it is way too late.
The last time I had Pnuemonia I was put on massive doses of Pred. Within a
couple of days I was wearing a pad. Within a week i felt as if I were headed
for diapers. I was horrified. I couldn't literally couldn't leave the house.
I was sure it was permanent. It wasn't.
My heart goes out to all housebroken dogs on Pred.It really screws up your
control.

When myVet prescribes Pred for something like itching I give half the
prescribed dose. I use the full dose for something serious.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper