[Dailydrool] Pred peeing

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com Bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 11:48:36 PDT 2008

Yes Sally, pred does make the dogs drink more and pee like no bodies
business.  I believe the pred really taxes their kidneys.  Freddie can  actually
stand on three legs and pee for what seems like a full three  minutes.  He did
have some accidents in the first week of his prednisone  treatment but once we
started tapering off the pred to half dose the accidents  stopped.  Keep in mind
this boy can pee for three minutes every hour.   We have lots of in/out time
these days.  I swear I spend all day taking the  dogs in and out.
Its not Clara's fault.  That drug would make any dog pee in the  house.  Her
body should adjust within a week and the puddles should  stop.  That is until
the next time you have to use this course of  treatment.

Best of luck to you, I hope you have hardwood floors.

Helene, Freddie and Ellie