[Dailydrool] well we have some good news

beth annieandteddy at columbus.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 10:25:51 PDT 2008

Dear Drool Family,

I'm still in recovery from losing my precious girl Annie (haven't been on
the drool in quite awhile) and thank you all for your caring support.  It's
a new month now and it's time for me to let you know we have a new family
member.  After Annie left I stumbled around the house for days sobbing.  I
was truly a mess and then my birthday came and I thought ok what would make
me a little bit happy and I thought well maybe I'd like a buppy.  But it
would have to be a buppy from rescue and they are hard to come by so it will
take some time but heck it couldn't hurt to look around a little.  See I
haven't had a buppy for about 20 years and I had always wished I had known
Annie as a buppy and could never imagine how anybody could have ever given
her up.  So anyway I thought I'd look on petfinder.com which is all animals
in rescues.  So it has this online form where you put in what kind of animal
you're looking for and I thought yeahright and put in dog, Basset Hound,
baby and my zip code and much to my amazement up popped 5 puppies in a
rescue in northeast Ohio called From Heaven to Earth.  Wow.  So then I
thought well it's probably old information and they're not there anymore.
So eventually later that day I thought it can't hurt to call and ask.  Well,
they had only had the puppies for about 5 days.  They have been rescuing
puppies (mainly puppies but sometimes older dogs) from Amish puppy mills for
7 years and have never had Bassets before.  We talked for quite awhile.  The
rescue is run by a couple.  They don't spay or neuter before they adopt out
– just require a contract but clearly they were very nervous about these
Bassets.  She said they were getting a lot of calls and was very afraid that
some of them were people who wanted to breed them.  After she heard my story
about having lost Annie and that Annie and Teddy were both rescues and all
about all the waddles and the Daily Drool and everything, she wanted me to
move over there so I could foster.  Foster buppies … hehehe

Well, you can guess what happened.  First, I noticed I wasn't bursting into
tears every ten minutes so I thought well maybe Annie has had a paw in this
although it seemed too soon but then again was it not maybe meant to be and
>From Heaven to Earth… what was that about????

So I'd like to introduce to you a new member of my family and of yours (the
Drool family) – Isabella Maria, a.k.a., Izzy.  Izzy is a sweet red and white
buppy who is already ruling the roost.  She has her own email address which
is bizzyizzy at columbus.rr.com so she can post herself eventually but if you
want to say hi please do.  And I'm posting a link to some pictures so I
should probably at least mention there is another buppy in these pictures
who is Izzy's real brudder whose name is Rudy but we need to let his new
mama tell his story too but we are sooo happy to have him living not too
very far from us with a dear friend.

So here are some pictures -
http://picasaweb.google.com/annieandteddy/IzzyAndRudy?authkey=k8-It_Pu1_0#<http://picasaweb.google.com/annieandteddy/IzzyAndRudy?authkey=k8-It_Pu1_0>

And to all the baby boyz out there, Izzy already has a boyfurend – HI LENNY
FWOM IZZY XOXOXOX

Oh and I think that Izzy will be making her waddle debut this Saturday at
the OBR waddle in Delaware, Ohio.  I know it's a long shot and short notice
but if anyone was so inclined we would sure be happy to get some pledges for
Izzy in honor of Pw. Annie.  You could paypal me at bvogel at columbus.rr.com.
It's for the homeless houndies.

Love and drool to all in need and we are so sorry for all the losses of the
past months and know how hard it is.

Beth&

*Teddy & Izzy*

*http://www.dogster.com/dogs/28867/sniff*<http://www.dogster.com/dogs/28867/sniff>