[Dailydrool] let sleeping dogs lie

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon Oct 6 14:51:29 PDT 2008

Emily, my two bassets do the same thing, they do not like to be woken up
unless it is for a treat or a walk!!  Then their forgiveness comes
swiftly!  Ha ha  Seriously, though I have noticed that at times Diva
seems to be very, very sensitive to it and gets really angry when she is
disturbed!  A couple days ago, she was on my bed and Sophie was whining
to get up there, so I put her up on the bed, and diva felt the bed
moving I guess and woke up and started attacking her!!!  It was more
bark than bite, and the two of them are very territorial about the bed
and sofa, they like to prevent the other from getting up there by
standing up in front of where the other one wants to jump up...it's
funny to watch.  But it does concern me that one time she may not be
fully awake and snap at me or one of our kids or the neighborhood
children who don't know better.  Luckily she is my shadow and never
leaves my side, and I am not dumb, I just leave her alone...I also hate
to be disturbed while I'm sleeping, and I bite...hard!!  Ha ha  Sophie
does it to, but she gives plenty, plenty warning growls to let you know,
and if she gets really mad, she'll just get up and move to another
spot...and give you a look that says "How dare you?  Hurumph!"  I'd like
to hear what other droolers say concerning this behavior.  Thanks!

Jessica L. Sutton