[Dailydrool] Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

ellen at carlson4travel.com ellen at carlson4travel.com
Tue Oct 7 07:27:30 PDT 2008

This thread has reminded me of our "Practically Perfect" Abigail. She had us
all well trained to not wake her except from a distance! She was fine if we
spoke to her from the other side of the room ("Okay Abigail.time to go to
bed" or "Time to go outside" or whatever) and then came to her when she was
awake. Not so much if we walked right up to her and touched her! She never
actually bit us.but, boy, did we get a mouthful with her opinion! She then
grumbled all the way to her bed or outside. Abigail was the most laid back
dog I've ever owned. This was her one and only "problem" behavior. Hard to
hate her for that.I love my sleep too! We did have one experience which has
gone down in our family's history book.One night I was lying on one of the
couches reading and Abigail was sound asleep on the other couch. At the time
our nephew who lives with us was 15-16 years old and well trained by
Abigail. He came into the living room and, while standing next to Abigail's
couch, said "I'm going to go to bed". Abigail heard the innocently spoken
words and her head snapped up and she started roaring at him and he jumped
about a foot off the ground!  He knew to expect it when TALKING to
Abigail.but hadn't realized that speaking about himself could be
misinterpreted!!! We laughed and laughed.

Ellen& Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou FlatBasset & Oliver & Practically Perfect
Abigail (ATB)

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (4.0.0.26 - 10.100.038).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/