[Dailydrool] Good kids for a great cause

advocate50 at aol.com advocate50 at aol.com
Mon Oct 6 17:35:20 PDT 2008

This?past Sunday?my 17 year old daughter and her 2 friends spent the afternoon baking cookies to benefit the Helping Hands Basset Rescue. They worked all afternoon and made over 400 cookies. Some cookies went to the high school and were going to sell for 25?cents each.The others were?packaged up and went off to the teacher's lounge. They put 6 cookies in a bag, attached a picture and short story about the dogs that Helping Hands have available for adoption, and charged 2.00 a bag.?They sold out the teacher basket (18.00) in about 2 hours.They are determined to raise 600.00.

They also started a firstgiving fundraising page to benefit the Helping Hands Basset Rescue. They are asking people to donate the equivalent of the cost of a cup of you favorite morning coffee or a gallon of gas. I thought it was a great idea.

I am so proud of these kids.So often you hear the bad news about teenagers, here's a chance to see the good ones in action.?They really want to make a difference for the dogs.
?
If you would like to see their fundraising page you can go to http://wwwfirstgiving.com/colleendoyle1.
?

Mary Doyle