[Dailydrool] Opinion needed - dented canned food

Katharine Gillen miss.lottie at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 13:38:06 PDT 2008

I went to my favorite pet food outlet today.  I go there about once a month and really stock up because their prices cannot be beat on some of the foods, treats, etc., that I use regularly.  Today they had an big tub filled with canned dog food - premium brands like Wellness, Natural Balance, and they were marked dented cans and were selling for 25 cents a piece.  In my area, those brands sell for $1.88 to 2.30 per can.  I wasn't sure if I felt okay about dented cans and on the way home I thought the best idea was to ask ya'll if you would have stocked up at that price (if you use those canned foods like I do - I put it on top of kibble at the evening meal for all my bassets).  Opinions appreciated.                                                    Kate Gillen and the Apple Street Gang, "All Paws Crossed"