[Dailydrool] Need an opinion on a Basset injury!

Amy Baker fivebakers at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 07:26:23 PDT 2008

Hi!  I'm new to the drool and Mudge is my first Basset.  He is 4 months old and we've only had him about a week.  We put his collar on him the first day and he's been scratching at it.  I just noticed yesterday that he's scratched a sore spot in his neck.  It's almost like a skinned knee, but without the scab.  It also smells kind of funny.  I started putting an over the counter anti-itch healing cream on it (the doggy equivalent to neosporin).
Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I'm not sure how to get him to stop scratching at it so it will heal!

Thanks for the help!

amy (and Mudge!)