[Dailydrool] Drool for Copper

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 10:56:35 PDT 2008

If anyone can spare some healing drool, we could use it out here in CA.
Copper has a persistent ear infection that just seems to be getting worse no
matter what I do.  I clean his ears at least twice a week, and he's been on
mal-otic and similar products about a dozen times, plus twice he's been on a
custom mixed treatment his vet made for him.

He was tied up outside for at least three years by his former owners.  He
was never allowed off the rope or into the house.  They fed him irregularly
and he received no ear or nail care.  He weighed 26lbs when we got him.
We've been able to rectify all of the other problems stemming from the
neglect he suffered, from the nails and coat to removal of the cysts and
skin tags he had growing, but this one ear just refuses to heal.

When the rescue first received him his ears were so bad they bled when you
touched them.  They told us one of his eardrums was ruptured, probably the
one in the ear that is now infected since it's the one that refuses to clear
up.  Unlike the thick brown waxy stuff he gets occasionally in his other
ear, the infected ear weeps a puss like substance, and bleeds when he
scratches at it, which he of course always tries to do.  Looking in the ear
with the naked eye I can see that one side of the ear canal is covered in a
bright white sore of some sort.

If anyone has any suggestions, maybe alternative remedies, or even something
to keep him from clawing his ear bloody, I would really appreciate it.  I
can't get him to his vet until Monday, and I don't want him to suffer over
the weekend.

Thanks,
Brenda- Momslave to Copper (Owwwww my ear!) and Elphaba (Here copper let me
lick it and make it better for you.)