[Dailydrool] Alfie's back from the vets...

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Mon Oct 20 09:52:43 PDT 2008

...and what a subdued little fellow he is.  He had several x-rays taken, his nails trimmed and his anal glands expressed. Turns out he's got what in effect is a sports injury and is now on steroids with orders to keep still and stay off the sofa .

More worryingly however they found degeneration of the discs in his neck and they are surprised he's not in pain already.  We have to keep our fingers crossed he doesn't slip one the discs because that would be really painful.  Somehow I'm going to have to keep him and Millie from grabbing each other by the neck.

Feeling as crap as Alfie is at the moment.  I'd just about do or give ANYTHING to keep that hound healthy.

My best friend is having a baby next month.  Right now, I believe she's a braver woman than me.  How do you mothers keep yourself from worrying yourself sick?

Hilary, Alfie (who is now asleep in front of the log fire) and Millie