[Dailydrool] Rosie-Oct 22nd calendar babe

Susan Stoker sue117 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:26:03 PDT 2008

That is Rosie on the Drool Calendar for Oct 22nd. Today is her daddy's 40th(!!!) birthday!

We got Rosie about 2 years ago from High Country Basset Rescue. She was rescued from the Colorado Springs shelter. They were going to put her down because she was so scared of people. I mean REALLY scared of people. They wanted to know if we would foster her since the shelter said she was a bloodhound/basset mix. So we fostered...for about 3 days! lol

She was so scared of people when I brought her home (daddy was stationed in Korea) that she would hide under my desk when people came over. She wouldnt' come out..and when she did, she would slink along the far walls around to the door. If the "stranger" would happen to be standing near the door to go out she wouldn't go near it. She would then go right back under the desk. Even after the people left she would cautiously come out from the desk and look around for them...I know she could still smell them...this would go on for two DAYS until she was sure they weren't around.

Flash forward to today...she is a spaz. She will go up to people to sniff them and to get petted....it's amazing. She's come a long way. We don't think she is a mix, just "badly bred". She has the long ears and the basset head and coloring...she just has really long legs.

In this picture we had been hiking around a park for about 2 hours. She was tired...She was ready to go home...so she let me take her picture! :)

We're thankful for having her in our lives!

Susan Stoker and the Tank Hounds
(Rosie-Oct 22nd Calendar day, Ozzie and Duke)