[Dailydrool] Sally/Emily dog behavior

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Thu Oct 23 15:50:31 PDT 2008

Dear Sally, hubby
You are in a world of trouble, kids. the dog is running the house and the
bed. this is not permissable, i dont care how cute the dog is, all our dogs are
cute but they dont run the house and growling, biting, snarling is just NEVER
to  be tolerated. you will come to hate this dog and it isn't even her fault,
it is  yours!

get yourselves an electronic collar, dont be afraid of it. it is the best
thing i ever did for Daisy and i . i have only used the small, low voltage ( off
 a 3volt battery..nothing to hurt the dog, but it gets their attention)  2
times . i use the warning  beeper button she hears in her ear and she knows  to
stop what she is doing. most days now i dont even use the collar and it took
less than 3 weeks to teach her what i needed her to know.  running into the
street by bolting out of the garage or gates was #1 on my list and boy, did
she  get that fast. i say STAY and she does. there were other  more minor things
that i didnt like in her behavior and she doesnt do them  at all now. she is
an integral, loving part of the whole family, no  matter who says STAY she
will do  it.

we had a cocker spaniel that bit my husband several times but not ever me.
unhappily, she then bit my youngest son one day and this was years ago long
before collars were known to me. i picked that dog up, hollered as loud as i
could and shook him, tossed him out onto the lawn and left him out there all
day. that was the end of the biting. i dont like what i did but the lesson  here
is: if you have a dog of any sort who is making your lives  difficult,
DISCIPLINE THE DOG!

Bassets are no different in learning how to be good dogs but that collar is
invaluable. i got it on line at Cabelas,com, it was $99 . what a bargain
considering i spent $500 on the dog, another $500 in vet shots etc . i was ready
to bail on her before that collar came along. i love my dog dearly now, she
respects me and loves me as well.

get the house back under control, this is ridiculous!