[Dailydrool] exercising the hounds

Barbara dbvasquez at cox.net
Fri Oct 24 14:34:07 PDT 2008

Molly (our rather round beagle) needs exercise on a regular basis. Maggie, our senior basset hound, loves to go along. She would walk 50 miles a day if it meant being with "grampa" as she adores him. The problem is, she pays for this walk for the next two days at least. That is, she has trouble getting up after she has been lying down, and she limps quite a bit after just a mile or so walk. We have been considering getting bikes for ourselves and a bike trailer/stroller for Maggie, thinking she can walk one way and ride back in the trailer when we bike and the same for when we walk, she can ride back in the stroller. Dr. Foster's and Smith have a convertable trailer/stroller that looks like it just might be the thing we need for her. Does anyone have one of these and if so does your hound dog enjoy riding in it? We hate to leave her at home while we exercise Molly because she does so love to go, but sometimes it is just too much for her.