[Dailydrool] Brendan to the Rainbow Bridge

Sabrina brii at sprynet.com
Mon Oct 27 17:39:15 PDT 2008

We joined the Daily Drool in 1995 to seek advice for the battling
brothers, Brendan and Calhoune atb. Calhoune left us at only nine
years old. Yesterday, my loving, handsome, strong-willed Brendan lost
his battle with cancer and joined Calhoune at the Rainbow Bridge. He
was 14. Brendan started getting fussy about his food in August. After
blood panels and x-rays and other tests, our vet saw something
suspicious on an x-ray and diagnosed stomach cancer. He said it is
not painful, but it makes Brendan feel full and sometimes nauseated.
As he showed less and less interest in food, I worked harder to
convince him to eat. I offered dog treats, store bought and
home-made, people food of all sorts, cat food, baby food, etc. I sat
with him and offered everything by hand. For the last month, he ended
the day with a bowl of rich vanilla ice cream every night before bed.
Then he stopped eating the ice cream. It was very difficult to make
the decision because Brendan was still barking at the mailman and
washing Hailey's face. But ultimately he became weak from taking in
too few calories. Sunday, he wouldn't eat anything at all, so we knew
it was time. I made a memorial page for my Brendan -
http://www.sabrinas.info/pets/brendan.htm

Sabrina, Brendan atb and Calhoune atb