[Dailydrool] Attention Droolers BIG changes please read will be re-posted at later date.

Sandy Gaston sandy at animalnature.com
Tue Oct 28 07:28:04 PDT 2008

Dear Droolers,

The moderators are tired of the controversy that arises when posts are
rejected. We all try hard to keep the Drool a safe and pleasant place for
everyone. We work hard to keep things equal and balanced. What we ask of
one, we ask of everyone. Why? Because we have had many complaints from
members, looked at the complaints, and then said as a moderating group that
everyone would be treated the same, no matter who they were.

After much consideration, the moderators have decided to stop rejecting
posts for a period of at least 2 months. The only posts rejected during that
time will be posts that are too big or posts that have attachments like the
full Daily Drool Digest. All other posts will go through regardless of
content, subject, author, etc.  We want to try this for a couple of months,
and then if needed, we may decide to resume moderating again.

The rules still need to be respected, and the moderators will step in if
needed. Remember, this is a basset list. If you have concerns as a member,
please feel free to e-mail  <mailto:sandy at animalnature.com>
sandy at animalnature.com. Sandy will do her best to help with whatever the
problem is but will not get involved with member-to-member differences. You
also can still send e-mail to dailydrool-moderators at dailydrool.org as we are
not turning our backs on the list. We are just trying something different
for a time.

Please remember if you post to the Drool during this time, you are solely
responsible for the content of your post and any repercussions that come
from it. The moderators will not respond to e-mails complaining about the
contents of the posts or reports of private e-mails between Droolers during
this time, unless we really have to step in to stop a fire.

Here is a recap of the rules just to re-fresh you. Nancy wrote these rules
when the drool first started. We have followed them and have had to add a
few more because the list has grown so large and other problems have came up
along the way. With growth comes change.

Sincerely,

The Mod Squad

THE DAILY DROOL is not the place for flames in any form. If this rule is
broken, the offending subscriber will be removed from the list.
Deliberate attempts to disrupt the list, use it to discuss other topics
unrelated to basset hounds, or use it as a format for position statements or
axe-grinding will be frowned upon and the offenders will be asked by the
moderators to cease. THE DAILY DROOL is, first and foremost, a place for
people who love basset hounds.
Only rescue or Basset Hound BHCA Club fundraising posts are acceptable. No
commercial posting of any kind is allowed on the list. Please keep
fundraising posts to an initial announcement, perhaps followed up by a final
reminder before the fundraiser is over.
Members of the Daily Drool under no circumstances should use the list to
'pick off' addresses for the purpose of sending *unwanted* email - chain,
spam, commercial or otherwise. Failure to adhere to the rule will result in
suspension of membership.
The sale of basset hound puppies via THE DAILY DROOL is prohibited although
litter announcements and puppy updates are most welcome. Rescue and adoption
placement requests are acceptable postings as well.
Prior to being posted on the Drool, all messages are reviewed for
appropriateness by the moderators. Inappropriate messages sent to the list,
including but not limited to posts that are abusive, offensive, designed to
disrupt the friendly Drool environment, or do not otherwise adhere to the
Drool Rules may be rejected at the moderators' discretion.
Because members tend to be passionate and care deeply about certain issues,
there will be times when members disagree with one another. Friendly
disagreements and discussion are encouraged, both on and off list, provided
that members remain respectful of one another and other Droolers. If a
member receives a private e-mail from another member that is abusive,
harassing in nature, or offensive, the member should calmly ask the
offending person to stop sending him/her private e-mail messages. If the
offender continues to e-mail after being asked to stop, the member should
report the incident to the moderators and forward all correspondence between
the two parties, including but not limited to the request to the offending
member to cease e-mail communication. The moderators will determine what
action, if any, needs to be taken at that point. All members will be held to
the same standers.
FORWARDING OR SUPPLYING THE DAILY DROOL TO ANYONE NOT ON OUR DAILY DROOL
SUBSCRIBER LIST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE AND
IRREVOCABLE CANCELLATION OF SUBSCRIPTION.

None of the aforementioned is intended to stifle discussion; it *is*
intended to ensure that problems do not arise and take over civilized,
thoughtful discussions. These rules have been developed to avoid future
misunderstandings. Please consider THE DAILY DROOL as many of us do, as an
extended family, a place to share, care and learn.