[Dailydrool] Basset left by owners in back yard for month comes to Arizona Basset Hound Rescue

bassetsdrool at cox.net bassetsdrool at cox.net
Tue Oct 28 08:25:03 PDT 2008

Over the years that AZBHR has been rescuing dogs we've heard some very sad
stories, but we think Guthrie's is probably the worst.  Here's what
happened.  His family foreclosed on their house and moved away leaving
Guthrie alone in the back yard.  He had no food, and the only water was the
slime left in the bottom of the swimming pool. Unbelievably it was about a
month before anyone noticed him!  Guthrie was nothing but skin and bones,
and we can't imagine how he must have suffered during those weeks.  The
thing that really brings a tear to the eye though is that he's such an
awesome dog that he is still loving, trusting and sweet and has settled into
his foster home with no issues at all.  He's obviously enjoying getting two
square meals a day and having some companions, and once he's packed on a few
pounds he will be ready to make some lucky person a great forever dog.

Guthrie would like to spread the message that everybody should be a snoopy
neighbor and check those empty houses and yards for left behind pets, so
that no others have to go through what he did.  So if you live in a
neighborhood and see people have moved out, go ahead, look over the wall,
and look through the windows too.  You might just save a life.

Love that Drool,

Kim A. Bruck, President & Basset Ball Coordinator

Arizona Basset Hound Rescue

kim at azbassetrescue.com www.azbassetrescue.com

Do you shop on the Internet?  Sign up at  <http://www.igive.com/>
www.igive.com to help AZBHR and then start shopping..the hounds get anywhere
from 2% to 26% of your purchases.

Shop at www.zazzle.com/azbassetrescue*  tons of great AZBHR merchandise!

See you at HOWL on November 1st and Santa Paws Pet Photos November 16 & 23
and December 6 - volunteers needed email Erin at azbassetrescue.com