[Dailydrool] Ms. Beasley's loud rumblings

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 08:29:01 PDT 2008

Ruthie,

Some hounds just have sensitive stomachs. Waldo could have chicken if it was boiled, but if it had been roasted or cooked any other way with skin on (even if he didn't get any of the skin), he ended up the same way Beasley did.

Gas-X is never a bad idea; I used to give it as a preventative with every meal after surviving several bloat episodes. For diarrhea, though, it won't do much. I'd try Pepto Bismol instead. (The liquid is faster-working than the tablets or pills.) Also, plain boiled chicken and rice is many vets' treatment of choice for diarrhea.

Hope she feels better soon.

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)