[Dailydrool] Maggie update again

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:34:22 PDT 2008

Well, first off I would like to thank all of you and yours for the drool,
prayers and well wishes.  I would really like to thank my vet and his staff
for the exceptional care they gave Maggie. They literally saved her life.
The vet is impressed on how well she recooperated. I am convinced the drool
played a big part.   She had x rays, hospital stay, blood work, IV's,
anti-biotics, an exam, anti inflammatories, food, bath, etc and I was very
impressed with the bill.  My husband is another story on trying to convince
him that it was a deal.  Maggie's life does not have a monitary value to
me.

The vet tech said that she was a little worried that she didn't eat much for
breakfast, but she did keep it down as that was the test.  I told her it was
because she forgot the yogurt on top. Maggie did not have pancreatitis so
she does not need a special diet.  Since Maggie had alot of the same
symptoms last year, the vet and I discussed that she may have seasonal
allergies to something in the environment. Last year we thought she ate an
acorn on a walk.  We thought we were going to lose her then and that was
September of 2007.  This year was much worse too.  The vet jokingly said see
you this time next year. I asked him if we could put her on some allergy
medication at the end of summer next year and he said of course. I would
rather give her an allergy pill then chance losing her again.

Anyhow, Maggie is home tonight on a trial night.  She came home with the
catheter still in her leg.  If she sleeps here fine all night long and does
not vomit or have a bm incident that is yucky with blood, then her catheter
can come out tomorrow.  She is weaker then she was. I boosted her into the
van and she stumbled about trying to pick a seat.  She is currently laying
on the dog couch in the office right behind me. She is making her regular
grunting noises.  It feels so good to have her home. My husband even
commented that I sounded more upbeat on the phone today (I am in NY and he
is in Mississippi).  In other words, we are not out of the woods yet, but we
are creaping out slowly with hopefully a recovery.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/209908 Just incase you want to put a face to the
name. This is Maggie's dogster page.  It has not been updated in awhile as
she is alot more white in the face.  She is also on June 30th 2008 drool
calendar.

Thank you so much to everyone for the drool, well wishes, prayers and
support. I really felt like I had the emotional support that I needed from
everyone here.

Maggie came home just in time for the first snow fall of the year here. It
is so cold and windy. BRRR,

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper