[Dailydrool] Puppies fighting

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:47:42 PDT 2008

Hi!  How old are the pups?  It's entirely possible they are just
playing - really rough.  I've had lots and lots of foster bassets over
the year, plus four of my own, and some wrestling sessions sound like
everyone is being killed.  But really, they're just rough-housing.  I
am going to include here some links to video clips (from YouTube) of
bassets wrestling and rough-housing.  Is this what your boys are
doing?

Real fights draw blood.  And one pup (the loser) will end up screaming
- literally screaming, it's an unmistakable sound - on his back on the
floor, trying to be completely still so the other one will stop biting
ihm.

Anyway, watch these video clips and see if you agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP_msTrLKlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BShFxyleekA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kv_9BC-F1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-wt2e9m2b0