[Dailydrool] Chewing the paws

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 28 19:20:38 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone

My Xaxa has always enjoyed chewing his paws, the bottom part, but today he
was chewing the upper part and it bled so he is obviously hurting himself. I
imagine they must be some kind itchy, or could it be a habit?
He has always had skin problems but after we changed his food and constantly
trreat his armpits he hasn't been itchy. He does his usual early morning
scratch but that is about it. Does anybody know how to treat this
paw-chewing habit? Is there anything we could apply to the paws that would
made them  taste umpleasent?
I hope he stops a little so it can heal.
Sending drool to all in need
Virginia, mom to Xaxa and Violeta da Basset