[Dailydrool] Gold Stars for Rescuing Senior Hounds

Jean Quinn molly0 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 15:24:04 PDT 2008

After reading the letter from Karen about her Nelly I had tears in my eyes.
You'll never know the love and appreciation, thankfulness, whatever that you
get when you rescue a hound that has never known love. They just burst to
give love to someone and be loved in return. It's a relationship that is
just unexplainable. I know how my Lucy blossomed when I took her and she was
only two, I can't imagine a hound being 12 and discovering love for the
first time. I bet you have a bond with that dog that no one could break! God
bless you for giving that girl a chance. Time here might be short but her
love for you will last into eternity and you will be together again when you
meet her at The Bridge. My three bassets all came from loveless, abusive
backgrounds, so I know a little of which I speak, but I never had the chance
to take a senior however I wouldn't give it a second thought. That baby
would come home with me. It's a very special love. Thank you and God bless
you for taking in a senior and giving her a chance to know love.
Jeannie Q. mom to Lucy, Pete, Bessie and Charlie the bloodhound (ah mom, I'm
just like a big overgrown basset)