[Dailydrool] Now you've done it

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Fri Oct 31 08:36:24 PDT 2008

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva to Wichita and Sedgwick County

Now you've done it!  Don't you people realize that there are highly suggestible hounds on the Drool?  Miss Angela is one of those.  She is generally tolerant
(if not content) with her lot in life, my service and her surroundings.  However, once she hears that other hounds get something, she wants it, too.

We just ordered the book from "da Brudder Elwood", simply because of the rave reviews here on the Drool.  Now I am absolutely certain that Miss Angela will love the book, but not because it is funny and heartwarming and all that stuff.  She will love it because she loves to mimic "da brudder" and his problems in expressing himself in standard English.  When it is just the two of us at home, she will sometimes go into an Elwood imitation that puts Tina Fey's Sarah Palin lampoon in the shade.  I am sure that Angela will go through the book with a fine tooth comb, pointing out all the malapropisms and other disfunctional phraseology.

In addition, we have the case of the Pawcasso Blossom Christmas decorations.  Yes, we have and are very happy with the Christmas balls and the stockings from the Drool's premiere artiste.  But we don't decorate the house for Christmas until the first week in December.  Now Miss Angela has it in her mind to get the stuff out now and begin to strew it about.  This is totally unacceptable.  We are in a lovely Indian summer here.  I am wearing short sleeved shirts.  Thanksgiving is three weeks away.  It is not time to deck the halls!  The more you dear folks write in about the decorations, the more difficult it becomes for me to hold the line on Christmas decorations.  Even da brudder's concerns for his private parts make Angela think about the lovely home decor items.  Give it a break!  I'm still trying to get set for Halloween.

Bill (maybe we need to hire extra help for the holidays)
Angela (maybe somebody needs to get off his dead ass)