[Dailydrool] Climbing bassets

Joffk at cs.com Joffk at cs.com
Fri Oct 31 19:58:20 PDT 2008

Last year I found Daisy Mae-hem standing with her back legs in one side of my
double sink in the kitchen, and her front legs in the other, at about 3:00
a.m.  She had knocked a glass over and woke me up.  I had a party that night,
and slid a cooler next to the stove, so she hopped on the cooler, onto the
stove, around the U-shaped counter, with just a few inches of space between the
edge and the microwave at one spot, to the sink.  The look on her face when I
turned the kitchen light on and busted her.  I can still see it in my mind!
Joff, foodslave to Madelynne Maybelle, Daisy Mae-hem, Sherlock Holmes and
Monroe (THE bloodhound puppy)
PS My friends said that's what I get for training basset hounds in agility!