[Dailydrool] Frankenpup

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:20:40 PDT 2008

First of all, thanks to everyone for the drool! Sadly, we need a bit more...
Joey's home, he's a bit loopy; tried to jump on the couch & missed, no
injury, no popped stitches, his hind end never even left the ground, his
paws just aren't quite under him yet. Plus, he hasn't had a complete meal
yet; we're still working up to that.

But, when I took him in, the vet asked about his cyst on his hip, and said
he'd take it out while he was under anaesthesia. I figured sure, what the
heck... Well, when I called in, he said that one worried him more than the
infected one!! He said it was deeper than a normal cyst or fatty tumor, and
he cut into it and saw reddish "liver colored" cells. Said he had no earthly
idea what it was, and no matter what it was going to the pathologist. Now, I
was seriously pissed about this, as I had a different vet aspirate it back
in feb/march, and she said it came back with brown-ish fluid, and that it
said cyst... This vet said it looked nothing at all like that!! So, now, I
could've taken care of this 7 mos. ago! Grr!! He did say that it could turn
out to be nothing, so right now, that's what we're hoping for! (though, he
did say that even though it was a bit bigger and a bit deeper than he
thought, he's very confident that he got the whole thing with clean
margins!) So, we could definately still use some drool for that, that it
shows up as benign, or at least that whatever the nasty thing is, removing
it is the absolute last of it, and it's not going to be an issue...

With the stitches he looks all sorts of nasty; 2 shaved areas, 2 nasty sets
of stitches, and the whole area is a bit gookie. I'll try to feed him some
more food in a little bit, as so far it's looking like he's keeping
everything down. Joey, who's currently completely conked out again, says
thanks for all the healing drool, he appreciates it greatly! And, it helped
a lot with the surgery! And, the other 2 boys are sending drool to the
others that need it, seems like there's so many these days!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Waddling for Rescue: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473