[Dailydrool] Georgie's story and asking for votes!

Kristine Groce frogsandaladybug at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 10:02:13 PDT 2008

Miz Georgie is making her debut in the Senior Hounds Abound calender contest. Georgie (Georgette to BRF) is our "forever' foster. November of last year I saw a plea on the DD to find this sweet girl a home. BRF was contacted by a lady going into an assisted living facility that did not allow large dogs so she was asking the rescue for help. After seeing the plea for help I contacted BRF with the offer of a foster home. My husband has been waiting to have surgery on his elbow and money is tight (still) so the best I could offer was to foster her. Pam with BRF took us up on the offer. After a long trip up to Georgia Miz Georgie got here on December 5Th 2007. Boy were we shocked........ This poor dog could hardly get up stairs. Her belly hung so close to the ground it scrapped the steps. We had to help her get up the steps by pushing on her backside. She came in and plopped on the floor and slept the rest of the day. As the days went by we were continually
 letting her out to potty and helping her back inside (day and night). She drank bowls full of water and refused to eat. After a month I contacted BRF and explained what was going on and we just did not know how to get her to eat. Rice and boiled chicken did not work. She finally ate some wet food on top of dry food. We got the okay to take her to the doctor for the peeing continually. Georgie was diagnosed with Diabetes Insepidus. Oh.... we did find out from Robin (a lady who helped transport her to us) her former owner had sent a box of Ham and Cheese as Georgie's food. After 10 months Georgie has lost 11 pounds and can actually RUN!!! although not fast she has a good trot going sometimes. She is no longer depressed and the fighting with our other dogs has finally stopped (the pack leader has emerged finally!)

So if you get the chance Miz Georgie is entered in the Senior Hounds abound Calendar contest with her reindeer ears on. We would appreciate the votes. If you would like to see more pictures of her or to donate to her care you can visit basset rescue of Florida's website.

Thanks a bunch for reading!!

Kristine, Greg, Hunter,
Parker, Jordan and the
fur-babies Georgie, Marti and Trixey