[Dailydrool] Can anymore possibly happen?

balange balange at olemiss.edu
Tue Sep 2 22:40:08 PDT 2008

Ok, Im sure you droolers are tired of hearing me complain
about my list of complaints. But this one, well its another
that has me stumped. And this one is bad...I cant think of
medicine or treatment for this one. I have had Ahroo-ba
since the 4th of July. He and Drake got along fine after an
initial meeting. Its been pretty well. They get a little
snarky over food, but very rarely. They eat out of bowls
side by side and they are fine. Anyway, tonight I come home,
late and in the pouring rain after being gone ALL DAY LONG.
The "roo crew" has been in the backyard with food water
shade sun and shelter. I stupidly think that putting food
down for them is a good idea. Over the fence it goes. I shut
the backdoor and hear a terrible noise. Oh crap, food fight.
I rush outside and they break it up as soon as they see me.
I remove the food, and bring them inside to chill out. Then
two bowls go down on opposite sides of the living room.
(Neither will eat if you put them behind closed doors) and
they snuffle about and trade bowls a little way into it.
Nice and fine. I sit in between just to avoid any snarkies.
Had enough of that with the vet and my lab today. All is
going well, until one flops down for a belly rub and the
other pounces. And it is a bad fight. Its just me to break
it up, so my arms only stretch so far to seperate them. They
continue going at it at arms length until I finally get one
of them in a different room and get the door shut. Now one
is in his crate screaming, and the other is in the backyard
in the rain where he has been all day because I do not know
how to deal with this. Bo is on thyroid medication now and
isnt supposed to be around the other dogs for a week or two
until his attitude improves. Ahroo-ba and Drake obviously
cannot be trusted together, and Stryker came ot us with
aggression issues. Please help me, I dont have enough secure
rooms in my rental home to keep them all apart. Its almost
impossible as it is with two in one area and one in each
other. This includes the fenced in backyard while I am gone.
I feel like the worlds worst mother, but I really am
cracking up over this. Why all the fights all of a suggen.
Why the snarkies and vicious nature toward each other? They
are such sweet and loving boys, and I have NEVER faced this
except with Stryker, and he is still thinks he is an only
dog, as I am forced to work to lives for them. I cannot do
that fourfold.
Obviously there is plenty of licking wounds drool in this
house tonight, and even a little from myself, a little self
pitty drool, which I will sling to all in need. Im ot sure
if Im asking for suggestions, or looking for a shoulder to
cry on at this point. But a good cup of tea, and perhaps a
hotel room for some sleep should do the trick. Let them have
the house, and when the landlord asks for the rent, I would
love to see them try to explain the "No thumbs menas no
jobs" theory.
bambi and da snarky boys