[Dailydrool] This and That

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 09:56:23 PDT 2008

I deleted Sally's original post, but did want to respond. The last few months before Waldo died, a number of dogs who had always been friendly to him started trying to attack him on sight. Luckily these dogs all belong to various neighbors who are very good about keeping them on leashes, so there were no actual injuries. But I mentioned it to my vet, who told me that many times other dogs can sense a dog's illness. Apparently some dogs, no matter how friendly otherwise, will go after a dog they see as vulnerable.

Sally - I'm not trying to scare you into thinking Clara is sick; I'm certain there are other explanations as well. I just thought it was interesting, and might help someone else down the line.

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)