[Dailydrool] From Rimadyl to Prevacox and back again

lmcenaney at cox.net lmcenaney at cox.net
Sun Sep 7 09:56:07 PDT 2008

A little drool please, for my elderly girl Morgan in Las Vegas. First, the good news - our favorite vet left her large practice, and opened her own clinic really close to our house - how often does that happen?? She thought it would be a good idea to try and switch Morgan from Rimadyl to Prevacox. We tried, using Tramadol to make the transition (and everything everybody said was true - she would spit it in the sliding glass door track in an attempt to hide it from us and not have to take it) and it just didn't work. She just couldn't get her back end around, or in and out of the dog door without help. And now that she's back on the Rimadyl, she doesn't seem to get around as well as she did before. We moved her food and water bowls to the carpet, so she's not skidding on the linoleum. She's not in pain, just slowing down more lately. She gets lots of cuddles everyday, and you all know why. Thanks.
Lyn (tearing up)
Morgan (I'll post later on how everybody can celebrate my 15th birthday at the end of this month. It will involve dairy products)