[Dailydrool] Thank You From Mom and The Bumpkins

Vi Potter vipotter at pld.com
Wed Sep 10 08:29:12 PDT 2008

I wanted to take a few min to Thank Each and everyone of you for the support you have sent The Country Bumpkins and I in the loss of our Monarch St Paddie's Day Suprize ( Paddie ). I was simply blown away at the amount of people that wrote and remember him from a puppy and remember the stories we use to tell. This has helped allot to know that even though Paddie was not a Show dog, he was not a Show Ch. that he in his own way left allot of Paw prints on others peoples heart. He in his own way made a legacy that will carry on for always. I am looking forward to hearing from him and his bridge friends.
The Bumpkins are at a loss and we still have not decided who is going to do the job that Paddie did in reporting. We have been talking about it each day and they just are not ready. I was so hoping Trapper would take over the job but he is a little afraid to talk to everyone. I am sure with time and encouragement we will see him carry this job on with Pride and he will make his Papa ( Paddie ) proud.  I am also hoping Lilly will join with him and that they will make a wonderful team.
Paddie's friend Ken in Texas really took the news of his loss hard. Ken would greet him each year when we went to Pet Smart to have pictures made with Santa. Ken was a really great friend and told me yes I remember when you use to bring Paddie and he would come in look at all the dogs then with a mighty Barrrwoof he would let everyone know he was here and then he was done. He would lay by Mom's side and you could tell he really did not want to do this, but because it was what Mom wanted he would sit and do as she asked. Ken played Santa one year and Paddie had his picture made with him. It was a special Day for Ken and I still have that picture of the three of us getting Santa pictures made.
When my best friend Mary passed away I went to Texas to get Lilly and bring her home. Along with Lilly I brought Andy home as well. Andy grieved so bad over the loss of his friend Mary. I would many times go out side to let him know it was going to be OK and there would be Paddie sitting there licking his cheek to help dry his tears and give him the comfort he needed to get through his loss. Paddie always seem to know what a person needed at the time. Paddie sent allot of healing letters to each person that had suffered an illness or a loss and he always seemed to know how to touch that heart in someway to help them feel better.
I had our friend Beth look for a locket for us. I wanted one I could put his picture in and some of his soft baby hair that I kept. Beth found on with two Bassets on it so I will be using that one to put his hair in.
I did not put Paddie's picture in the Calendar for this year as I felt we needed to give someone who did not get a chance the year before get a chance this year. Paddie told me that we needed to share the space and that is what we did.
If you would like to see a picture of him drop me an email and I will send it to you.
I am also in the process of finding a place to put up a memorial page for him I just have not found a place to go yet.
God (doG) Bless You All
Thank You with Tears in our Eyes
Vi, Trapper, Lilly, Andy, and The Country Bumpkins.
St Paddie's Day Suprize
March 17 1997  September 7, 2008
"You have gone ahead and nothing is the same, leaving paw prints on my heart that will always remain."
-- Tibetan Proverb from Prayers on the Wind