[Dailydrool] R.I.P. Barkley

Debbie dkglass at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 11 10:06:55 PDT 2008

A dear friend and fellow rescuer sent me this story.  Please light a candle for Barkley and keep Tammy and Craig Dennis in your thoughts.  They've lost 3 bassets in the last 16 months.

Debbie Glasser

It is with a very sad heart and through non-stop tears that I write about the passing of my senior Basset Hound Barkley. Barkley passed away this morning, September 11, 2008 at about 5:00 am. He lost his battle with cancer. Craig and I were both up most of the night with him, knowing it was only a matter of time. Barkley was between 12-13 yrs of age.

Barkley came to us a little over one year ago as an owner surrender through Basset Rescue. His owner was moving over seas and did not want to put Barkley through any sort of long quarantine period. We gladly accepted the big, bouncing boy named Barkley and he quickly accepted us. He made himself right at home and quickly learned what time was dinner time. He was also quick to alert us if we were a minute or two late with dinner time. He would follow us around and bay at us until he got his supper. Barkley was such a cuddler and really made himself fit into the family. He was in every room that we were in; never acting as a "velcro" or needy dog, but just enjoying being able to see and hear us. He hated to miss any good action or treats that might be coming. :) Barkley had beds that belonged to him and did not mind sharing them, as long as he could have at least one of them when he was ready to lie down. His favorite spot was on one of his dog beds that was right next to my side of the bed. This is where he slept every night, and this is where he spent his last remaining moments with us.

Barkley, Mommy and Daddy want to thank you for the wonderful times that you gave to us. We are so blessed that you spent your last amount of time on earth with us. You are so very special and you will forever be in our hearts. We love you dearly and I know you will be waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge, right next to Eric and Henry. We will be together again, and I cannot wait for that moment.

Rest In Peace Barkley Bear! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Tammy Dennis
Monarch Kennels