[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - Digging for Gold

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Sep 11 16:09:12 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

Mom and Dad have been complaining a lot lately about the price of gas,
groceries, dog food, everything.  They talked about the high price that a
barrel of oil was bringing and the amount of money gold was worth.  Opie and
I were getting worried - what if they didn't have enough money to buy our
cookies or chicken & rice or roast beast or ice cream.  So, we all got
together - all five of us - and decided that we were going to help out and
contribute to the family coffers. We decided to start digging for gold in
our back yard.  We started slowly - way in the back of the yard - just
little exploratory holes.  Dad thought the squirrels were getting ready for
winter and burying nuts and stuff.  But we didn't sniff out any possible
gold back there.  Next, we did some exploration under the pine trees - Dad
didn't see those holes for a week or so - but not a problem, he still
thought that the squirrels were busy and there wasn't any gold there anyway.
Then Hoagie found the spot - he has the best nose - and the gold spot is
right up by our favorite picnic table and the fireplace.  So, we started
digging - serious digging - real gold digging.  Mom saw us and tried to warn
us - but we told her we were digging for gold.  Mom warned us that if Dad
caught us we would be digging with toe nail-less feet!  OUCH!  But we kept
on digging anyway.  Then today - just when we were almost to the gold - Dad
caught us - he yelled - he squirted us with the hose - then he got out the
hammer!  Oh-Oh!  We were in big trouble!!  Then out came that awful green
fence - Dad fenced in our gold digging spot!!  Mom told us not to worry -
she would make sure we still got everything we want and need - if she has to
cut back, Dad won't be getting any Dr. Pepper or A & W Rootbeer or salsa or
caramel topping for his ice cream.  Hmmmpf - serves him right!

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys