[Dailydrool] My Sadie is limping

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Fri Sep 12 07:25:07 PDT 2008

Sadie (6 months) started having some stiffness in her right front leg about 1 1/2 months ago, right after her spay.  When she gets up after her naps she limps on the right front leg for a few minutes and then it stops.  She also will "trip" sometimes when walking a short distance and her gait is slower than normal. This would go on for a day or two and with rest  go away.  We now have had the third incident that unfortunately had not gone away after 5 days so off to the Doc she went again.  The doc found some crepitus in the right shoulder and there was some tenderness in long bone  and in the knee.  Sadie is very stoic when it comes to pain, so the only sign we got was she would snuggle closer and her lip would quiver. (I actually was wishing for a wimpy dog at the time.)  We can't take x-rays until Tuesday as both Dr. Dent and Dr. Moeller are going to be off until then and I don't trust the fill-in vets with my kidz .  Doc gave her Rimadyl and we
 started it last night.  This morning she was moving better and the "I just got up" limp was already better.  The Doc suggested Pano as a possibility or a problem in the shoulder because of the crepitus.  So until Tuesday we are in a hold pattern and poor Sadie is back in jail.

We send heart healing drool to the families of the furbabies that have left for the bridge.  Drool to all the sick houndies, we hope you feel better soon.

Karen and The Dog House Gang
Ruby Doo, Tucker, Abby, Sadie, Teeka, Gregor and Cuddles