[Dailydrool] [DD] Lump on tail

Jeff Deane jdeane at everestkc.net
Fri Sep 12 20:00:16 PDT 2008

Our newest family member Elvis has been getting the once over and I noticed
a lump about 1/3 of the way down his tail.  It feels like it is under the
skin and not in the bone.  It does move a bit but does not feel liquidy.  It
is smaller than a dime but very noticeable.  I checked it out and the skin
overlying it is not red or irritated.  He does not lick or chew it.  Hair
over the area is normal.  I keep reading about cysts and such and thought I
would ask what if anything I ought to do about this. Is the warm compress
idea the best?

Jeff